The Wickedly Talented Ladies of Macabre Merch: Six Questions for the Beauty and Brains Behind the Killer Shop, Poison Apple Flair
In the Poison Apple Flair dungeon, you’ll find a wickedly wonderful selection of unique handmade bottle prop sets, spell book props, wall art and more. Many items are designed around The Haunted Mansion, Nightmare before Christmas, Halloween, horror, Disney Villains, & fairytale themes. The shop owner has been making and selling amazing custom creations for 10 years. She also makes Horror jewelry, brooches, and pins to add ghoulish flair to your look. During the holidays, you’ll find Ornaments and holiday decor to die for. Bring charm & character to your haunted mansion home!
1. What was the inspiration for starting your own business and how did you get started?
I love Disney Villains and wanted my own Evil Queen spell book like in the movie. So I made my own over 15 years ago. People started asking me if I could make them one, and before I knew it I couldn’t stop!
2. When and how did you fall in love with horror?
Since I was a child. My parents would take me to the drive-in to see scary B movies.
3. Where does inspiration for your products come from? What is your creative process like?
It comes from my favorite Disney Villains, Classic horror & movie monsters that I love do dearly. I hand draw all my art. My bottle labels & spell book pages are created by me & decoupaged on to antique bottles and repurposed books to make timeless pieces for collections or displays.
4. What’s the best part about running your own business, and what’s the hardest part?
I love creating, working my own hours and meeting new people! The hardest part is my busy season…when I’m up till 2 am filling orders. But I still enjoy it!
5. Tell me why you think it’s important for people to support small business? Is it especially important for people to support female-owned business (if so, why)?
When small businesses thrive they help stimulate the economy. I particularly appreciate things that are handmade or unique over the average cookie cutter item you can find at any retail store.
6. How can people follow/interact with you on social and purchase your products? And is there anything else you’d like to add or promote?
I mostly interact on Instagram. You can follow me @poisonappleflair. My Etsy shop is where all my products for purchase are. Search for my shop Poison Apple Flair or visit the link in my Instagram bio.