Even the most rabid genre fan may need to mix things up. Fortunately, you can still pursue your love of horror through these great hobbies.
Horror is a genre that can bring a real thrill and excitement to your life, whether you are watching a classic horror film, reading a spine-tingling novel, playing scary video games, or watching one of the many great spooky TV series currently available. Fortunately, there is no shortage of great genre entertainment to keep fear junkies fulfilled. But what if you sometimes want to do something that gets your blood pumping or stimulates your mind that doesn’t involve watching a horror film?
Here a just a few of our favorite hobbies that can bring a similar level of thrill and enjoyment to the lives of horror enthusiasts.
1. If you love how artistic and creative horror is, try your hand at telling your own visual story through painting.Photo Credit: @anastasia.yanishevska via Twenty20
Those with a passion for horror are typically artistic types, and painting, in particular, has always had a close link with the genre. You might find that painting is a fun, rewarding, and enjoyable hobby no matter your ability level, and this is a skill that can be developed with practice over time.
2. If you love how the genre allows you to explore uncharted territory, consider going on your own adventure through hiking.Photo Credit: @tlucian9 via Twenty20
Many of the best horror stories are set against the backdrop of stunning natural beauty, which is all part of the appeal of these films. Therefore, many people that love horror also enjoy hiking out in nature and exploring unknown areas. Of course, hiking is also a great form of exercise and good for your health so there are many benefits to it as a hobby.
3. If you live for the adrenaline rush of a heart-pounding video game, find another kind of thrill with online casino gaming.Photo Credit: @JulieK via Twenty20
People love horror films because of the adrenaline, thrill, and excitement that the stories provide. These are all feelings that you can also have when you play fun online casino games at places like spincasino.com, where you can play games including blackjack, poker, craps, roulette, and much more. This is also a fun hobby that you can easily do from the comfort of your own home or on your phone while out and about.
4. If you can’t get enough of great horror stories, consider making your own mark on the genre through creative writing.Photo Credit: @MargJohnsonVA via Twenty20
Those that love horror often also have a passion for literature, especially the classic horror literature that has shaped so much of the genre today. This is why many people that have a love of horror often enjoy creative writing as a chance to write their own horror stories (or any other genre). Writing is a great way to express yourself, and it is a highly rewarding and good hobby that anyone can get started with.
5. If you crave the boundary-pushing shocks of extreme horror, consider a walk on the wild side with extreme sporting activities.Photo Credit: @tomkahler via Twenty20
As mentioned before, the adrenaline, thrill, and excitement of horror are what make it so enjoyable and addictive for many. And these are again all feelings that can be experienced with extreme sports like skateboarding, skiing, and surfing. These are all sports that are enjoyable to learn, provide the chance to be a part of a great community, and give you a chance to get out and be in nature.