If horror is in your blood, come put that passion to use. We’re looking for incredible new talent to join our diverse family of genre junkies.
Have you ever wanted to be an important part of a high quality, rapidly growing horror community? If so, there’s never been a better time than right now. Morbidly Beautiful has numerous writing opportunities tailored to a wide variety of interests. But if writing is not for you, there are still many ways to get involved with the site and make a significant impact. Whether you’re someone who enjoys being front and center or you prefer a more behind-the-scenes role, we want to talk to you.
Check out some of the many opportunities we have below. Then contact us to learn more or discuss how you can involved with helping us grow the site. You can also email us at morbidlybeautiful666 at gmail dot com. Or reach out to us via Facebook and Instagram (@morbidlybeautifulhorror) or Twitter (@xmorbidbeautyx).
Note: The following opportunities are unpaid. Morbidly Beautiful is a not for profit site. All of our writers and contributors are volunteers. We have lots of other perks for those who contribute to our site. But this is a site for people who truly love the genre and want to have a professional and reputable platform for engaging with other genre fans.
Morbidly Beautiful is always looking for enthusiastic, dedicated writers to join our growing family. No previous experience is required. But you must have excellent writing skills and a real knowledge of and passion for the genre. Staff writers enjoy great creative freedom and flexibility. You will become a welcome part of our very friendly and supportive community. Writers who join the team commit to the following:
- At least one new original article per month (more is welcome and encouraged).
- Willingness to join our private Facebook group for staff writers and contribute/participate regularly. It’s a super fun group with a great group of people.
- The ability to participate in contests, promotions and group writing assignments whenever possible. We want our staff writers to be an active part of helping shape and grow the site.
- We ask that you be active on at least one social media platform (ideally two or three) and that you regularly share both your own content and the content of other writers on the site.
- All content on the site is reviewed and edited by a professional writer/editor. Each article also receives professional design and SEO services.
- You will be responsible for generating your own content for the site. But you’ll have the full support of the team and the site’s editor to brainstorm content ideas as needed. Additionally, you’ll have access to ongoing writing opportunities. This includes screeners and interviews.
If you’re interested in writing for Morbidly Beautiful, please click here to submit our online application. You will also be asked to submit a couple of guest articles for evaluation before joining the site.
Content specialists are staff writers with a very niche focus. Your focus can cover a wide range of media, including: comic books, literature, cult horror, extreme horror, music, television, art, SFX, or product reviews. Content specialists can also choose to submit either written or video content. If you have an area of expertise or special interest, we want to hear from you!
We have the following current opportunities, but we are always open to writers who focus on other niche areas.
Beauty of Horror Content Specialist
We are looking for one or more writers to help us cover the unsung aspect of genre filmmaking. Highlight the behind-the-scenes talent who make everything look so good. From hair and makeup, to costume and set design. If this is an area you’re passionate about and think you could bring a unique voice to genre journalism, please contact us.
SFX Content Specialist
We are looking for someone to highlight SFX artists and/or to post regular SFX makeup tutorials (written or video).
We are interested in expanding our YouTube channel. We are looking for outgoing personalities to do the following:
- product reviews/unboxing videos
- guest interviews
- event or con coverage (press passes are often available)
- movie or other media reviews
- countdowns/best of lists
- horror news
- other creative ideas
We welcome creative ideas and are always excited about unique content. You can view our channel at YouTube.com/c/morbidlybeautiful.
We are growing our podcast network. And we would love to partner with experienced podcast hosts. We provide a platform that allows your podcast to be accessed through iTunes and all major podcasting networks. In addition, we’ll help brand and promote your show, create professional graphics, and feature every episode on our website. You’ll also have the opportunity to earn revenue from your podcast as it grows and builds an audience. Most importantly, you’ll be an important part of the Morbidly Beautiful team. And you’ll have access to all contributor perks. You must be willing and able to record and edit your own podcast for upload to our network.
As we grow, our Editor-in-Chief could use some help from an experienced content editor. You’ll assist with proofing/editing all content from our writing team. If you’re familiar with WordPress, that’s certainly a plus (but not required). You’ll be given the flexibility to set your own schedule and determine how much time you’re able to contribute. Ideally, the perfect candidate would be a critical and influential member of the team.
Assist writers with generating great content ideas, help engage writers on our private Facebook page, and work with the EIC to help drive and shape the content for the site. Receive full editorial credit for everything you work on and show the results on your CV. You need to be very reliable and a great communicator.
Community Outreach Director
Morbidly Beautiful has a charitable giving arm called Morbidly Beautiful S(Cares). And we are looking for a very dedicated person to help us run this program. Identify causes to support. Help organize, promote and manage fundraising campaigns. This includes fundraising drives, auctions, raffles, etc. You must be outgoing and very active on social. In addition, you should have the interest and ability to reach out to horror shops and celebrities to obtain donations for fundraising events. In this position, you will have the opportunity to really make this your own. Let’s do some good together!
As we grow, we need someone to help us with marketing. This may include (but not limited to):
- Help us set up and manage a Patreon campaign
- Acquire items for giveaways and coordinate with the EIC and Social Media Manager on special promotions and social media engagement opportunities
- Secure special guests/interviews for podcasts and for written content