Horror’s Scream Queens and Rising Talent: Six Questions for Apryl Crowell
“Hi, I’m Apryl Crowell ! I’ve grown up around movies from a young life since both parents worked at a movie theater. From the time I could play on the stage, I could tell this is what I wanna do. From that, I had my love for Halloween that then took me to fx makeup: the blood, the guts!! I just knew at this point I am a Horror lover, lol. Then I had honor of meeting Mr Cleve Hall who offered me a interning job, and from that, it’s taken off. I’m oh so thankful!”*
1. How did you get into the industry?
I got started in this industry on accident. I was working on Camp Dread and they needed extras, but they also need some fx makeup redone. So they asked me to play the actress and pretend to die. And, from there, I came back and was contacted for another project. The rest is history!
2. What Scream Queen/Woman in Horror inspired you most?
Felissa Rose. I had some time with her on Camp Dread, and she told me to have fun at anything I do!
3. What horror film hooked you on the genre and why?
What horror flick hooked me? Hmm, I think it would’ve been high school days watching What Lies Beneath and The Ring…and, of course, the classics like I Know What You Did Last Summer.
4. When you are presented with a script or movie concept, what are the things that draw you to certain projects and away from others?
When I get a script, I see how I relate to this character. If I don’t relate, I figure out if I know anyone like that character. I don’t like turning down scripts or roles.
5. The evolution of women in the genre continues to change almost daily, so what are your thoughts on how things have changed and what do you see coming for the current and future women of horror?
I like seeing how girls used to die in the film running from the killers, and now they are fighting back and surviving and being bad asses. GIRL POWER!
6. What are the next couple projects you are working on?
I just worked on Hunting Lands with a great group. I’ve also been working on some industry videos for a company. But I’m always submitting myself and always trying to book new projects.
Apryl Crowell’s Links:
Official Facebook Page
*Bio info courtesy of Apryl Crowell