Universal Pictures brings Jordan Peele’s critically acclaimed horror film “Us” to stunning 4K HD, Blu-ray, DVD and Digital — packed with special features.
“US is a wildly successful feat pulled off by a one-man powerhouse of director, writer, and producer. It leans towards a more traditional notion of horror with the amount of frights and suspense when compared to its predecessor GET OUT, but still acts a conduit for Peele’s earnest messages.” – Morbidly Beautiful
Academy Award® winner Jordan Peele follows the success of his blockbuster hit, GET OUT, with the masterfully executed and viscerally terrifying US. Certified Fresh on Rotten Tomatoes with a score of 94%, the film is being hailed as “a colossal cinematic achievement” (Richard Brody, The New Yorker) and is “meant to be watched over and over” (Emily Yoshida, New York Magazine/Vulture).
Beginning today, June 18, Us comes to 4K Ultra HD, Blu-Ray, DVD and On Demand.
Fans around the world can now untether the truth with more than 50 minutes of bonus features delving deep into the mind of Jordan Peele, his filmmaking process and the symbolism behind US.
The film will be available on 4K Ultra HD in a combo pack (4K Ultra HD+ Blu-ray + Digital). Bonus features on the 4K Ultra HD will all be delivered in stunning 4K resolution.
To celebrate the highly anticipated home video release of one of the year’s biggest and most talked about films, we are thrilled to partner with Universal Entertainment to give our readers the chance to win a Blu-Ray copy of “US” just for following Morbidly Beautiful on Facebook, finding the below giveaway post and tagging the person in your life you’d most like to be tethered to.
The contest will run through June 25th. United States Shipping only. The Blu-ray will be sent to the winner directly by Universal Pictures Home Entertainment within 30 days.
ABOUT THE FILM:
Featuring incredible must-see performances from Academy Award® winner Lupita Nyong’o (Black Panther, 12 Years a Slave), Winston Duke (Black Panther), Emmy® winner Elisabeth Moss (“The Handmaid’s Tale,” “Mad Men”) and Tim Heidecker (The Comedy, “Tim & Eric’s Bedtime Stories”), US is “the most out-of-the-box horror film of the past decade,” (Nathaniel Brail, Heroic Hollywood).
Movie enthusiasts and horror fans alike can watch US again and again to unravel its darkest secrets. Doppelgängers. Hands Across America. The Nutcracker. Rabbits. 11:11. The key themes and imagery from US are unpacked and explained in exceptional bonus content such as The Duality of US featurette where Jordan Peele talks in-depth about many of the ideas behind the film.
Set along the North California coastline, Adelaide Wilson (Nyong’o) reluctantly returns to her beachside childhood home with her family and finds that she is haunted by unresolved trauma from her past along with a string of eerie coincidences. As darkness falls after a tense day at the beach, the Wilsons discover four figures standing in their driveway. They soon realize this is only the beginning of their troubles as they find that the four figures are terrifying and uncanny opponents: doppelgängers of themselves.
EXCLUSIVE BONUS FEATURE ON 4K ULTRA HD, BLU-RAY & DIGITAL:
- Scene Explorations – The making of three iconic scenes from the film including the Tyler house massacre, Jason’s abduction and Adelaide’s underground flashback.
- Seven Second Massacre
- It’s a Trap
- I Just Want My Little Girl Back
BONUS FEATURES on 4K ULTRA HD, BLU-RAY, DVD & DIGITAL:
- The Duality of US – Jordan Peele goes in-depth on some of the key themes and imagery in US – including Doppelgängers, Hands Across America, The Nutcracker dance scene, rabbits and the infamous 11:11 coincidence.
- The Monsters Within US – Examine how the great cast were able to find their characters, whether they were playing one of the Wilsons or their sinister doppelgängers.
- Tethered Together: Making US Twice – Making of a movie is hard. Making a movie where all the main cast play dual roles can be downright mind-bending. In this piece, filmmakers, cast, and crew discuss some of the technical challenges to making the film, as well as some of the design choices for the characters.
- Redefining a Genre: Jordan Peele’s Brand of Horror – In the space of two films, Jordan Peele has set himself apart as an invaluable artistic voice. Hear cast and filmmakers highlight what makes him so unique, as well as Jordan’s own thoughts on his inspirations and the relationship between horror and comedy.
- Becoming Red – Using behind-the-scenes footage from between takes, we take a closer look at Lupita Nyong’o’s intense and mesmerizing performance as “Red.”
- Deleted Scenes
- I Am Not Even Near