In our new head-to-head competition, 32 holiday horror films are competing, and your votes will decide who is crowned the ultimate Holiday Hero!
In a series of five rounds, 32 films will compete for the title of “Holiday Hero”, with winners advancing each round based on your votes.
Based on the overwhelming success of Morbidly Beautiful’s first ever head-to-head competition, where we crowned the KING OF CARNAGE in a 32-film battle of Death Games movies, we’re thrilled to be coming back for another round of spirited competition. This time, we’re getting in the seasonal swing by matching up 32 holiday horror films, and there’s truly something for everyone here. We’ve got it all — from the whimsical world of Tim Burton, to brutal slasher classics; from Santas who slay, to sadistic snowmen; from campy classics, to musical mayhem, to hilarious holiday hijinx.
Whether you prefer your seasonal fare fully decked in a balls to the wall bloodbath, or if you prefer to partake of sweeter treats, nothing beats the gift of horror for the holidays. Let’s celebrate the magic of the genre — and the season — by honoring some of the best films you can get your Santa Claws on.
This holiday season, your favorite seasonal screen gems will take part in a head-to-head blitzkrieg, beginning with THE FROSTY 32!
The bracket contains 32 movies in four categories: KILLER KLAUS, CREATURE CHRISTMAS, SLAY BELLS, and JOYFUL TIDINGS.
Round 1 of the tournament consists of the following 16 matchups:
Bracket 1: Killer Klaus
- Silent Night, Deadly Night (1984) vs Christmas Evil (1980)
- Rare Exports (2010) vs Dial Code Santa Claus/Deadly Games (1989)
- Santa’s Slay (2005) vs Saint/Sint (2010)
- All Through the House (2015) vs Silent Night (2012)
Bracket 2: Creature Christmas
- Gremlins (1984) vs Elves (2018)
- Jack Frost (1997) vs Gingerdead Man (2005)
- The Elf (2017) vs Krampus (2015)
- A Christmas Horror Story (2015) vs Elves (1989)
Bracket 3: Slay Bells
- Black Christmas (1974) vs Black Christmas (2006)
- P2 (2007) vs ATM (2012)
- Inside (2007) vs The Children (2008)
- Dead End (2003) vs Whoever Slew Auntie Roo? (1971)
Bracket 4: Joyful Tidings
- Better Watch Out (2016) vs Slay Belles (2018)
- The Nightmare Before Christmas (1993) vs Edward Scissorhands (1990)
- Ugly Sweater Party (2018) vs The Chicken Party (2018)
- All The Creatures Were Stirring (2018) vs Anna and the Apocalypse (2017)
Winners and losers are determined by your votes, so make sure to come back each day to defend your festive favorites.
With each Match-up, vote for your favorite. You are able to vote once daily during each round. Be sure to also share on social media, and comment with your winning argument! Voting for round one closes at Noon CST on November 21st, at which time you can vote on round two: THE SPIRITED 16.
Because we not only want you to vote for your favorites but also discover great new horror you may not have unwrapped before, we’ve included a short synopsis, link to the trailer, and streaming instructions for each film.
Voting will last for one week. Results will be posted every Saturday until the HOLIDAY HERO is revealed on December 19th.
The complete schedule is as follows (note all matches begin and end at noon CST):
- ROUND 1 (THE FROSTY 32): Vote from 11/14 – 11/21
- ROUND 2 (THE SPIRITED 16): 11/21 – 11/28