In round 2 of our head-to-head competition, 16 holiday horror films are competing, and your votes will decide who advances to The Great 8!
In a series of five rounds, 32 films will compete for the title of “Holiday Hero”, with winners advancing each round based on your votes.
32 holiday horror films entered the festive fray, and only the sweetest 16 remain to sleigh (and slay!) another day. After a flurry of votes during round 1 — and some shocking upsets — we’re back with a whole new set of matchups for you to weigh in on. Who will win in this head-to-head blitzkrieg? That’s up to you! And, as round 1 proved, it’s really anyone’s reindeer game to win.
We kicked things off last week with THE FROSTY 32, which consisted of 32 movies in four categories: KILLER KLAUS, CREATURE CHRISTMAS, SLAY BELLS, and JOYFUL TIDINGS. After a week of voting, here’s how our competitors fared:
Bracket 1: Killer Klaus
- Silent Night, Deadly Night (1984) vs
Christmas Evil (1980)
- Rare Exports (2010) vs
Dial Code Santa Claus/Deadly Games (1989)
- Santa’s Slay (2005) vs
- All Through the House (2015) vs
Silent Night (2012)
Bracket 2: Creature Christmas
- Gremlins (1984) vs
- Jack Frost (1997) vs
Gingerdead Man (2005) The Elf (2017)vs Krampus (2015)
- A Christmas Horror Story (2015) vs
Bracket 3: Slay Bells
- Black Christmas (1974) vs
Black Christmas (2006)
- P2 (2007) vs
ATM (2012) Inside (2007)vs The Children (2008)
- Dead End (2003) vs
Whoever Slew Auntie Roo? (1971)
Bracket 4: Joyful Tidings
- Better Watch Out (2016) vs
Slay Belles (2018) The Nightmare Before Christmas (1993)vs Edward Scissorhands (1990)
- Ugly Sweater Party (2018) vs
The Chicken Party (2018) All The Creatures Were Stirring (2018) vs Anna and the Apocalypse (2017)
The winners of round 1 have been paired up as follows, with 16 films facing off in 8 matchups:
- Silent Night, Deadly Night (1984) vs Rare Exports (2010)
- Santa’s Slay (2005) vs All Through the House (2015)
- Gremlins (1984) vs Jack Frost (1997)
- Krampus (2015) vs A Christmas Horror Story (2015)
- Black Christmas (1974) vs P2 (2007)
- The Children (2008) vs Dead End (2003)
- Better Watch Out (2016) vs Edward Scissorhands (1990)
- Ugly Sweater Party (2018) vs Anna and the Apocalypse (2017)
Winners and losers are determined by your votes, so make sure to come back each day to defend your festive favorites.
With each Match-up, vote for your favorite. You are able to vote once daily during each round. Be sure to also share on social media, and comment with your winning argument! Voting for round one closes at Noon CST on November 28th, at which time you can vote on round two: THE GREAT 8.
Because we not only want you to vote for your favorites but also discover great new horror you may not have unwrapped before, we’ve included a short synopsis, link to the trailer, and streaming instructions for each film.
Voting will last for one week. Results will be posted every Saturday until the HOLIDAY HERO is revealed on December 19th.
The complete schedule is as follows (note all matches begin and end at noon CST):
ROUND 1 (THE FROSTY 32): Vote from 11/14 – 11/21
- ROUND 2 (THE SPIRITED 16): 11/21 – 11/28
- ROUND 3 (THE GREAT 8): 11/28 – 12/5
- ROUND 4 (THE FESTIVE 4): 12/5 – 12/12
- ROUND 5 (THE TRIUMPHANT 2): 12/12 – 12/19
The Morbidly Beautiful staff will be sharing our picks and pulling for our favorites each week over on our Facebook page at facebook.com/morbidlybeautifulhorror and on Instagram at @morbidlybeautifulhorror.
Be sure to share your picks on social media for the chance to win KILLER PRIZES. Use hashtag #MBHolidayHorror.
Feel free to like, comment, and fight for your favorite contender. And to all our players: Good Luck!