Drek is back with his look at the entire “Halloween” franchise; this time we’re settling in for a spooky storytime with “Halloween II”.
In honor of the spooky season, Drek will be discussing every film in the beloved Halloween franchise. Last week, we kicked things off with a discussion of John Carpenter’s seminal horror classic Halloween. This week, your host dives into one of the most popular horror sequels of all time. The heavy breathing madman returns for his revenge on the ‘special forces sniper’ himself, Dr. Loomis, and of course his meddling sister, Laurie.
Drek discusses Michael’s superhuman abilities, his point of attack, and his overall obsession to get to his sister. He also discusses how Dr. Loomis seems to get more and more unhinged in every moment. And he wonders why Haddonfield Memorial Hospital is less secure than a Mcdonald’s.
Key Queries From the Underworld:
- Why is literally everyone painfully unaware at the most crucial times?
- Why does Michael become Mission Impossible spy with his sneak attacks?
- Why is Jimmy the EMT easily the creepiest side character in the movie?
- Why does Laurie pick the worst times to be hurt?
- Why is this hospital so insanely incompetent?
- Why does Michael Myers survive an explosion up close but get hurt by bullets?
ABOUT THIS PODCAST:
DREKCULAS UNDERWORLD is a “storytime review” podcast where your host, Drekcula, takes you on a guided journey of a new horror film every week — from beginning to end. Virtually watch along with him as he narrates each film with plenty of wit, crude humor, and sarcasm.
Be sure to tune in every Friday for new episodes of DREKCULAS UNDERWORLD on the Morbidly Beautiful Network.